New Mexico Fire Chiefs Association Board of Directors
- President: James Salas (Dexter)
- President-Elect: Kevin Hope (Artesia)
- Director I: Diane Queener (Texico)
- Director II: Justin Drumm (Clayton)
- Director III: Timothy "TJ" Cathey (Portales)
- Director IV: Mike Cherry (Quay County)
- Immediate Past President: John Gabaldon (Los Lunas)
New Mexico Fire Chiefs Association Mission Statement
- To cooperate with other organizations to promote programs that further the goals and objectives of the Fire Services and emergency services within the State of New Mexico.
- To encourage and develop public education in fire prevention and fire safety for the preservation of life and property from destruction by fire within the State of New Mexico.
- To develop an active training program dedicated to the continual well being and future development of the Fire Service and Emergency Medical Services within the State of New Mexico.
The Louis Jones Memorial Scholarship
The Louis Jones Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of the late Louis Jones, Fire Chief for the City of Roswell, New Mexico who died in the line of duty on March 26, 2002. Louis was a twenty-year veteran of the department, and had been the Fire Chief for about one year. This Scholarship is intended to honor his work and dedication to the New Mexico Fire Chiefs Association.
The Louis Jones Memorial Scholarship is intended to honor his work and dedication to the New Mexico Fire Chiefs Association.